Jennifer wasn’t looking forward to another bout of turkey sandwiches, and we had just run out of bagles recently. Frankly, the humble bagel is the One True Bread for eating leftover turkey sandwiches. Anyway, with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches looming on our lunchtime horizons, I stepped in to contrive an easy and delicious Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Salad.
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cubed (1/2″ or so)
- 1 cup seedless grapes, quartered
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup white cheese (I used Italian)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, grapes, almonds, and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt, ginger, and onion, and mix well.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture into the turkey mixture, stirring well to distribute the mayonnaise thoroughly.
- Serve sprinkled with dried cranberries.
This recipe serves 2 as main portions or 4 as a side item. Enjoy!