I heard on the ELCA Clergy Facebook group that some people were having trouble getting the Augsburg Fortress Little Red Appointment book to work on Google Calendar. Here are some instructions I hope will help:
- Visit the Little Red Book page and download the file for Google Calendar. This will put a “.csv” file on your computer in your Downloads folder.
- Sign in to Google Calendar. Under “My Calendars” in the left hand column, click “Add.” Name the calendar “Little Red Book” or something similar.
- Under “Other Calendars” in the left hand column, click “Add,” then choose “Import Calendar.” Browse to the saved “.csv” file in your Downloads folder. (For the upcoming year, the file is called “Year_B_2012.csv”)
- Back in the important window, change “Calendar:” to “Little Red Book” and click Import.
- If it works, you’ll soon get a message like “Successfully imported 253 events.”
- Navigate in Google Calendar to the first Sunday in Advent (November 2011) and make sure that “Little Red Book” is selected in under “My Calendars.” You should see entries for each Sunday, plus commemoration days and other goodies.